Canyon Lodge and Cabins has reopened for the summer 2017 season in Yellowstone National Park.
In addition, the Tower Junction Service Station has reopened.
Canyon Lodge is the latest lodging complex to be updated in Yellowstone, ushering in five new lodge complexes. Dining has also been revamped in Canyon, although most of the facilities will not be opening until next week. Below is a description of the new dining facilities for visitors in the Canyon area:
• Canyon Lodge M66 Grill: A Mission 66-themed casual eatery.
• Canyon Lodge Eatery: Another casual eatery offering Asian-themed dishes.
• Canyon Lodge Falls Café: Offers flatbread, sandwiches, salads, and breakfast. Also offers tap beer and wine.
• Canyon Lodge Ice Creamery: Ice cream courtesy of Missoula, Montana-based Big Dipper.
• Canyon Lodge Washburn Lookout: Quick snacks available in the Washburn registration building.
The latest batch of openings comes after the opening of Dunraven Pass May 26 and Memorial Day weekend, the de facto opening weekend for Yellowstone.