1. Spending all your time in the Old Faithful area. It’s a great base for your travels, but there’s so much more to the Park.
2. Waiting around forever to see Steamboat Geyser go off. Chances are it won’t.
3. Stopping in the middle of the road to look at every single animal you see hiding in the bushes (look honey, an elk! let’s stop and admire it!). By the time you see your hundredth bison you’ll be jaded.
4. Spending all day sitting on the side of the road, waiting for rare animals such as wolves and grizzly bears (unless you have the patience). Most kids don’t.
5. Mucking around with the environment. The signs warning you not to throw objects in the geysers and pools are there for a reason.