More closures to note for Grand Teton National Park and concessionaire Grand Teton Lodging Company: Jackson Lake Lodge and Jenny Lake Lodge are not expected to open in the summer 2020 season.
The closure extends to all services at both popular lodges.
Here is the expected operating plan for Colter Bay Village:
- May 22: Colter Bay Village Convenience Store opens
- June 5: Colter Bay Campground, RV Park, Tent Village (cabins), Grocery Store, Launderette and Gift Shop open
- June 15: Colter Bay Cabins, to-go food and beverage open
- July 1: Group camping opens
- Openings to be determined: Marina Gas and Public Launch, slips, canoe and kayak rentals
- Not expected to open: Motorboat Rentals, Lake Cruises, Fly or Lake Fishing, Marina Store, Corrals and Activities Desk
Here is the expected operating plan for Headwaters Flagg Ranch:
- June 5: Campground, RV Park and Convenience Store open
- June 15: Cabins, to-go food and beverage open
- Not expected to open: Corals, Gift Shop, Bar and Coffee Cafe
Here are the expected operating plans for Jenny Lake and Gros Ventre Campgrounds:
- May 29: Gros Ventre Campground opens
- To be determined: Opening date for Jenny Lake Campground and Jenny Lake Store
As with Yellowstone National Park, lodging in Grand Teton National Park will be limited to cabins and cottages with their own restrooms.
Things, of course, could change. There are plenty of factors in play, and there are logistical issues in terms of scheduling the opening of the Grand Teton summer 2020 season.
RELATED STORIES: Grand Teton summer 2020 plans still to be determined; Yellowstone Forever delays park donations, furloughs staff; Don’t look for Yellowstone opening until late May–at the earliest; Yellowstone National Park closed indefinitely; Calls for a Yellowstone spring closure emerging; Xanterra Yellowstone lodges closed through May 21; First 2020 Yellowstone shutdowns due to coronavirus announced; TBD: Coronavirus Impacts on Yellowstone; Experts: Coronavirus Outbreak Could Impact 2020 Yellowstone Visitation