The coronavirus pandemic has changed everything, including planning for next year, as Xanterra announces 2021 Yellowstone lodging reservations will go on sale June 1–and only online to start.
It’s pretty clear the Xanterra call center addressing Yellowstone reservations is slammed, as tourists are altering plans changed by the Yellowstone shutdown and either canceling reservations or rescheduling them. That’s led to the announced changes to 2021 Yellowstone lodging reservations, as announced yesterday. Here are the highlights:
- With the call center dedicated to handling 2020 reservations, 2021 Yellowstone lodging reservations must be made online at the travelyellowstone.com website. The 2021 reservations will be available on June 1 at 2 a.m. Mountain. Xanterra warns that demand may overwhelm the website at various points, as it will also be servicing 2020 cancellations and new reservations.
- The current plan calls for 2021 lodging reservations to be offered via the call center beginning June 8. That is a tentative plan that could change, however.
- Yellowstone 2021 campground and activities reservations will be accepted beginning June 8, online and through the call center, and 2021 package reservations start November 2, 2020.
- Xanterra says it’s unlikely 2021 park reservations will totally sell out in the first few days, though there a good chance the most desirable spots–like, say, an Old Faithful Old House room in the middle of June, a Roughrider Cabin or other lower-priced accommodations–will go fast. That goes for campground reservations as well.
- Group sales will not be allowed, as defined as five rooms per reservation/party. Group reservations must be made through the group reservations sales department.
- Dining and tour reservations will not immediately available when room reservations are made. Those reservations for both 2020 and 2021 will be available when online forms are posted. No, no word on when those forms will be posted.
RELATED STORIES: Don’t look for Yellowstone opening until late May–at the earliest; Yellowstone National Park closed indefinitely; Calls for a Yellowstone spring closure emerging; Xanterra Yellowstone lodges closed through May 21; First 2020 Yellowstone shutdowns due to coronavirus announced; TBD: Coronavirus Impacts on Yellowstone; Experts: Coronavirus Outbreak Could Impact 2020 Yellowstone Visitation