Throughout August, there will be road construction between the South Entrance and West Thumb Junction in Yellowstone National Park.
According to a Yellowstone press release, visitors should expect work for the next several weeks as crews work to patch and seal the road. Below is a list of planned construction and anticipated delays:
Week of July 31, 2017:
• Crews will sweep the road and do minor patching.
• Flaggers will be on-site to direct traffic.
• No major delays anticipated.
Week of August 7, 2017:
• Crews will seal road.
• 30-minute delays expected.
• Work will continue on Saturday, August 12.
All construction on the road will be stopped on August 21, 2017, so visitors can head south to witness the solar eclipse.
UPDATE: sealing has been delayed until at least August 22. Read our full story here.