The Dunraven Pass is open again to travel, after being closed by a sudden snowstorm.
A reminder as well that the road between Mammoth and Norris is reopening 7 a.m. Friday, October 7.
Currently, the Dunraven Pass is slated to close October 11, along with the Beartooth Pass. Every other Yellowstone road (besides the road between the North and Northeast Entrances) will close November 7.
Winter oversnow travel in Yellowstone will begin 8 a.m. December 15, weather pending, along the following routes:
• From Mammoth to Madison Junction.
• From Madison to Old Faithful.
• From Madison to the West Entrance.
• From Old Faithful to West Thumb Geyser Basin.
• From the South Entrance to Lake Butte Overlook.
• From Canyon To Norris.
The East Entrance will open to winter oversnow travel 8 a.m. December 22, weather pending.
UPDATE: Snow has closed both the Dunraven and Beartooth Passes and has also delayed the reopening of the Mammoth–Norris road (October 7, 2016). Read the full story here.