Employees living behind Old Faithful Lodge were shut out of their dorm for eight hours today after a propane gas leak Wednesday.
According to KIDK 3, a Garden City, Idaho propane serviceman was installing a new tank around 10 a.m. Wednesday when a leak occurred by accident. According to National Park Service officials, the serviceman suffered, but does not seem to have suffered any grievous injuries. Nobody else was hurt.
The serviceman was installing a replacement tank, removing a temporary tank installed earlier this year.
As of writing, there is no exact count of how many employees were displaced; the facility can house 300 to 500 people, according to the NPS.